Singapore dockyard is the chosen venue for a current ongoing refit of the boutique M/S Paul Gauguin.
The 19,000 ton luxury ship has cruised exclusively in the waters around French Polynesia and the South Pacific since being delivered to her owners from the former Chantiers shipyard in Saint Nazaire, France, back in 1998.
Managed for many years by Radisson Seven Seas in its pre- Regent days, the Paul Gauguin quickly acquired a reputation for ultra luxurious cruising and an elegant, intimate.on board ambiance. Not surprisingly, the Paul Gauguin soon became very popular with honeymooners, providing a cost effective, all inclusive way to see that highlights of one of the most beautiful and remote parts of the world.
Highlights of the ongoing current refit include:
* The restoration of all teak decking on Pool Deck, plus all new umbrellas for shade.
* All chairs in La Palette lounge and the L’ Etoile restaurant have been completely reupholstered.
* All cabin balconies have been furnished with new tables and chairs.
* All new chairs in the Internet Cafe.
* Polishing of all in suite and stateroom furniture.
* Refurbishment of the stage in Le Grand Salon.
* A comprehensive overhaul of the on board sound system.
* Some steel work, plus overall hull repainting.
The company was a one ship operation for many years, but now also operates the yacht style Tere Moana- formerly Le Levant of Ponant Cruises –on a series of itineraries in the Mediterranean and Caribbean.